Gold Cluster Liquid Metal Ion Beam
The IOG 25Au is a 25 kV high performance liquid metal ion beam system that provides a focused beam of gold ions.
Fitted with a gold-germanium liquid metal alloy ion source, a range of ions can be selected using the built-in mass filter, including Au+, Au++, Au2+, and Au3+.
The IOG 25Au offers a wide current range with fine probe capability down to 100 nm, and can be operated in either DC or pulsed mode. It is also differentially pumped for use in a wide range of applications.
- Gold-germanium liquid metal alloy ion source.
- Spot size down to 100 nm.
- Wien filter for selection of different species.*
- Mass filtered beam available in both DC and pulsed mode.
- Variable aperture for current and spot size control.
*Species as % of beam current are Au+ 58.9%, Au++ 16.2%, Au2+ 6.4%, Au3+ 4.3%, Au3++ 1.4%